Pumpkins and Halloween go hand in hand; carrots and coconut, not so much. But…this deliciously heart-warming soup will not only give you something fun to cook with the kids for Halloween but will also help you disguise another meat-free, super healthy meal as something fun and yummy to eat.
Prep: 45 mins
Cooking: 35 mins
Baking dish, saucepan, peeler, scales, measuring spoons, measuring jug, knife, blender.
245g Pumpkin, peeled and diced 105g Carrots, peeled and diced 1⁄4 tsp Dried Thyme
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Garlic cloves
200ml Coconut Milk
1⁄2 Organic vegetable stock cube
Salt and pepper to taste
1⁄2 Slice of brown bread, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Place the pumpkin, carrot and garlic (in their skins) on the baking tray. Cover with 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil, thyme and salt and pepper. Mix them together.
3. Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
4. In a frying pan heat the left over Tbsp of coconut oil and fry the bread pieces until golden. Keep to one side.
5. When the vegetables are roasted, remove from the oven. Remove the garlic from their skins and place in a blender with the coconut milk and water.
6. Pour all the ingredients into a saucepan and add the vegetable stock cube. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add extra water to adjust consistency if needed.
7. Pour into a serving bowl and top with crispy brown bread croutons!
If you’re feeling particularly creative, why not grab some Halloween cookie cutters and use these to cut out ghostly shapes in your bread.