Quinoa is a hot topic at the moment and it’s easy to see why. Not only is quinoa gluten free but it’s also full of fibre, protein, vitamin B, vitamin E, iron, calcium and many other nutritional minerals. Replacing regular flour with quinoa flour is a really easy swap to increase your intake for many of these important nutrients, and one the kids won’t even notice.
Serves: 10 cookies
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Utensils: Mixing bowl, spoon, baking tray, parchment paper, measuring cups, measuring spoons, regular spoon
1 cup Quinoa Flour
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
¼ cup Almond Flour
½ cup Coconut Sugar
¼ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Chocolate Chips
¼ cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Add quinoa flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, chia seeds and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix it together.
- Add the coconut oil and eggs and mix this in.
- Then add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, place dollops of the mixture on the baking tray. Flatten the dollop (these cookies won’t spread).
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins or until the edges are turning golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. These can be kept in an airtight container for a week or frozen. These gluten free cookies are great for breakfast, snacks and packed lunches!