- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 180g 72% chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 130g date sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
150g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 25g cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180’C. Grease a 20cm x 20cm baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan cook the diced butternut squash till soft, then blitz in a blender to make a puree and set aside.
- In another saucepan over a low heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the eggs, date sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate, butternut puree, baking powder, cornstarch, salt and walnuts. Mix with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Pack into your kids’ lunchboxes and wait for the “mommy, I want more!” comments 🙂
Really, unless your kids watched you make these brownies, there’s no way that they’ll be able to tell that there are veggies inside.
If you liked this recipe and want to see more from the Meal Monsters, please share on social media with your friends.